Sand Dollar Wellness understands the rising costs of health care in our area and the stresses that come along with it. You will find that our rates are very reasonable when browsing costs of other therapists in the area. You may choose from the following options in regards to payment:
Self Pay/Session Rates*:
Initial visit (includes intake and assessment): $125
Psychological Testing: please contact us at 910-833-5902 for a quote on your specific testing needs
*Please note that if you choose this self-pay option it is not required that you are given a formal diagnosis.
- BCBS (PPO & Anthem) – Anne Whitted, Heily Aktugulu-McGowan, Sheila Flynn, Carol M. Horwath, Emily Graham, Amy Waldbillig, Jennifer M. Whitley, Daniela Williams
- MedCost – Anne Whitted, Heily Aktugulu-McGowan, Sheila Flynn, Emily Graham
- Medicaid – Heily Aktugulu-McGowan, Sheila Flynn, Carol M. Horwath, Emily Graham, Amy Waldbillig, Jennifer M. Whitley, Daniela Williams
- Medicare – Carol M. Horwath, Amy Waldbillig,
- Cigna (PPO and EAP) – Anne Whitted,
- Optum/United Behavioral Health – Anne Whitted, Sheila Flynn, Carol M. Horwath,
- Concern EAP
- ComPsych EAP
- Empathia EAP – Anne Whitted,
- Humana –
**Insurance companies require that a formal diagnosis is given in order for reimbursement.
***Please make sure that you contact your insurance company to make sure that mental health services are covered. Our office staff is happy to assist you with this process, but contacting your insurance company prior to calling us can assist in speeding up the scheduling process. Thank you!
Most of our clinicians are able to offer a sliding scale rate for a brief number of sessions for individuals who may not be able to afford self-pay rates. These rates are based off annual income and proof of income is required to qualify for these rates. This option is usually only available for emergency and/or crisis situations and must be approved via a phone contact with our Billing Manager prior to your initial visit. For more information please call 910-833-5902 and our Billing Manager will be happy to discuss this option further with you.
If you must cancel your appointment, please allow 24+ hour notice. If you call within 24 hours or do not show for your appointment an initial fee of $25 will be charged. For additional cancellations within 24 hours or multiple no-shows, you may be charged the full fee of your clinician.